Words of Cheer

 Hello & welcome to this weeks blog,

Thanks so much for stopping by. This weekend I have been crafting a whole bunch of Christmas cards with the Sale-A-Bration DSP as well as some friendship cards to send to my girlfriends as yesterday was World Card Making Day! I pulled out a retired set & combined it with a current set to make some beautiful cards which I will show you in a special mid-week blog on Wednesday. This weeks blog is as planned. With Christmas just under 12 weeks away I've been creating cards for you to send to those you love. The focus stamp set is Words of Cheer with the matching Christmas Cheer dies. Here are my creations.


I've stuck with mainly traditional colours of reds, greens & whites but will be making other colour ways over the coming weeks. 


This square card was created by stamping the image in black & hand colouring with the Real Red, Shaded Spruce & Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends before die cutting it out. I layered Real Red & Be Dazzling (free during Sale-A-Bration). I stamped some holly leaves onto some Basic White before running it through the embossing machine with the Tasteful Textures folder. I then added the die cut image with some dimensionals & finished it off with some gilded gems. With the bling of the Be Dazzling paper it didn't need much else. 


My second card is similar to the first as it uses the same image but is stamped directly onto the white layer with some additional holly leaves in the background. I then hand coloured the image with Real Red, Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Evening Evergreen & Granny Apple Green. This time I added some Holiday Rhinestones for the yellow berries. The sentiment was stamped on Basic White, die cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies & attached to an Evening Evergreen frame from the Ornate Layers dies then mounted. A simple Gold Shimmer ribbon bow completed the card.


My third card used the same stamp as the first two cards but I only stamped in each corner then used a Sponge Dauber with Cherry Cobbler & Mint Macaron for the flowers & leaves. The small sprigs were hand coloured with a Dark Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends marker. I decided to add pearls for the berries this time & added a couple to the sentiment as well. It's mounted on Evening Evergreen & used dies from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. I feel this one is a little more Shabby Chic don't you?


My final card was very simple, designed to show how quick and easy it is to just use the S.I.P method, Stamp, Ink, Paper. The DSP is from the free Sale-A-Bration Peaceful Prints pack & the backing to the sentiment is the gold Metallic Specialty Paper. Both the sentiment & backing were diecut using the Layering Circles dies. Just a strip of the last of my Basic Black Scalloped edged ribbon was all I added to finish off the card. Sadly this ribbon is now retired but an alternative would look just as good. Quick, easy but still a lovely card.

That's all I have for you this week. I'm busily preparing lots of Christmas goodies for my Facebook shop so if you need any cards or wrappings then please head over to my shop by clicking on the link here

Next week I will be using the Textures & Frames stamp set which is so versatile. I have seen some amazing creations by other demonstrators but have only had a little play myself so I'm really looking forward to creating a range of different items to show you.

If you would like me to send you a free catalogue then please let me know & I'll send one out to you.
If you would like to order anything from my Stampin' Up shop then please click on the link below. I am also adding links for some of the products I used in this weeks creations.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my creations & find some time to spoil yourself with some mindfulness of your own. Don't forget there will be a special mid-week blog featuring the World Card Making day cards. See you soon! XX Alison































Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Love of leaves trio

Good Morning Magnolia!

Etched in nature