Mid Week Blog series #3

 Hello & welcome to this week's mid week blog.

Today we are looking at how to achieve a different effect on a background. A super simple way to add a little detail or contrast is by adding a splatter pattern with your inks. 


This simple splatter pattern was made using only 2 ink pads, a aqua painter & some cardstock.

Here are a few pics of the process I went through to achieve this look. Please excuse that the photos are not very professional. I'm only using my iPhone at the moment. 😛



Pic 1 - I started with the Poppy Parade pad & pressed down on the cover before opening. Pic 2 - This left some ink on the cover when I opened it. Add drops of water from the aqua painter then mix the ink & load up the brush.


Pic 3 - By tapping the aqua painter or flicking it the ink is released in small splatters.

Next I added some Granny Apple Green ink.


I used the same steps as for the Poppy Parade.

All the patterns will be totally unique as there is no control over where the ink will land, that's what makes them so special!


So that's it! Super quick, super easy but something a little bit different for a background.

Here's the finished cards I made using the background.


All the details will be in my weekly Sunday blog if you would like more info. While I was at it I continued on with the splatter technique & created another card using this week's feature stamp set, Tidings & Trimmings & the splatter technique. This time I used the Stampin' Blends & flicked the ink from the inside of the lid. The splatter is much finer using this method.


I hope you've enjoyed this cute technique. Next week I'll be showing you how to use masking in your stamping. Have a great week & don't forget to check out my Sunday Blog. XX Alison







Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit