World Card Making Day 2021 Special blog post

 Hello & welcome to a special mid-week edition of my blog!

Thanks so much for dropping by, in this edition I have all the cards I made last week to celebrate World Card Making Day 2021. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

As they were made to celebrate card making I wanted to make some to send to some of my special girlfriends to let them know I was thinking of them. Here are the gorgeous Hydrangea cards I created.


Aren't they gorgeous! I have always loved how beautiful Hydrangeas are as I remember Mum growing them when I was a child. When Stampin' Up brought out the Hydrangea Haven stamp set, Hydrangea dies & Hydrangea Hills DSP I had to get them & even though I've used them before I still love how beautiful the stamps & papers are.


I used two of the Hydrangea Hills DSP prints teamed with Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather & Seaside Spray (retired) cardstock for card bases & matting. I added a splash of Old Olive for the centre card sentiment. The sentiments & image on the right are from Beautiful Friendship. I inked the stamps then used Sponge Daubers in a different colour to create the two tone effect on the blooms. I hadn't tried this method before but I know I'll be using it again! The ribbons are Gorgeous Grape, Fresh Freesia & the Misty Moonlight & Silver bakers twine. I finished two of the cards with some pretty Pastel Pearls. I think they are stunning & hope my girlfriends love them too.

The next lot of cards were made with the free Peaceful Prints DSP from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue as well as the super cute Sweet Stockings DSP & were made to add to my shop for Christmas. 


I'm totally in love with all the red, white, black & gold in these cards plus a little bit of Pear Pizzazz for the cute critters card. These were all super easy to make & could easily be made with other papers as the layouts can be used with almost any DSP. Here are pics of the individual cards too. 






Did you know that I probably used less than 1 sheet of DSP for all of the snowflake cards? Pretty good value I reckon.  If you would like more details of how I made the cards or the materials I used, please send me a message & I'll share all the details with you. All of the Christmas cards are available in my Facebook shop Crafted by Alison. I hope you enjoyed my special blog & maybe even had some time yourself to create something for World Card Making day. 

I hope you can come back on Sunday to see my creations made with the Be Jolly & Holly Jolly stamp sets. Stay safe. XX Alison








Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Mid Week Blog #78 - Creating distressed watercolour cardstock

Etched in nature

Good Morning Magnolia!

Mid Week blog#106 Case the catalogue