Mid Week Blog Series #13 - Step It Up stamping

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. Today I will show you how to create 3 cards using the same materials but stepping up the design from simple to stunning.

This stamp set is so cute & it's easy to make simple, pretty cards with it. The principle of Step It Up is to start with a simple card, make a few additions or changes to enhance the original concept then finish with more elaborate techniques or embellishments to create a WOW effect for the final card.

Here's my first simple card to start with.

A simple landscape card with a strip of DSP & a stamped & coloured image raised on the strip plus a sentiment directly onto the card front & a few little bits of bling.

Now here's the middle card. Same format but instead of a plain matte behind the strip & image, it's embossed to look similar to water (or at least I think it does! LOL) To finish it off I stamped the sentiment then diecut & mounted on some contrast card, added a little ribbon & a couple of gems.


And now for the end result. 


I decided to change the design of the card so I could have a bigger image & sentiment & a little more WOW.  I chose a Z fold with an overhang & reversed the DSP on the front & behind the inside writing area.


I kept the same design of DSP behind the Otter but backed it with the same cardstock as the card base. I fussy cut a birthday hat for the Otter & added Silver Epoxy bling this time. Still quite simple but more elaborate in the folding & placing of the Otter.


So as you can see, starting with a simple idea for a card can easily be added to to create a more elaborate or detailed result without much effort. 
All the details of how I made these 3 cards will be included in my regular blog on Sunday (9/1/22). The stamp set & the DSP were both freebies in the new Sale-A-Bration catalogue that launched today! Let me know if you'd like to place an order so you can receive some goodies for free too.
I hope you enjoyed this blog & come back to see more next week. My theme for next weeks Mid Week blog with be card sketches. Hope you can join me for that too.
Thanks for popping in. Take care & keep creating!  XX Alison







Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

3D creations - gift boxes

Showing the versatility of the lovely Layering Leaves stamp set

Calendars & Christmas cards