Using card sketches to create unique cards

 Hello & welcome to my blog,

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you! One of the cards I am showing you today was included in my Mid Week Blog on Wednesday as they show you how to start with the one card sketch but create very different cards. Card sketches are used by loads of creative people around the world to give them new ideas, refresh their creativity when their MOJO has gone on holidays or simply to challenge themselves with something different.

Here are the cards I made & featured in my Mid Week Blog #14.
 
I started off with a simple card, using Gorgeous Grape & Granny Apple Green cardstock, contrasting Simply Marbleous DSP, stamping directly onto the card front using the Dragonfly Garden stamp set & Granny Apple Green ink & co-ordinating the sentiment from the Biggest Wish stamp set in Fresh Freesia & Highland Heather inks. 


For the next card I decided to go with some bolder colours. I chose the beautiful 2019 - 21 Pretty Peacock cardstock & contrasted that with some Blushing Bride for the strip which I embossed with the Pretty Flowers embossing folder. The DSP is the gorgeous Simply Marbleous from the Sale-A-Bration selections. The colours used through the marbling go so nicely with the Pretty Peacock. I stamped the butterfly from the Awesome Silhouettes stamp set in Blushing Bride & backed it with some Rose Gold Metallic Specialty paper. It goes beautifully with the Blushing Bride. The sentiment is heat embossed in white & comes from the Eden's Garden stamp set. To finish the card I used some Snail Mail twine and embossed the bottom of the card insert.


My final card was a little play around with the front. It's kind of a Z fold but the front is a full card front size this time. I've always loved the Pampered Pets DSP & needed a birthday card for a special person who happens to have a dog & a cat. I used the Pets dies to cut out the cute Terrier (I think it's a Welsh Terrier??) then stamped the cat from the Playful Pets stamp set then coloured by hand, trying to catch the colours of her cat. I used the Painted Labels dies for the sentiment backing but the sentiment itself is from Celebration of Tags stamp set. The paws on the DSP were perfect for the background & with some Black & White Gingham ribbon over the Basic White cardstock it all tied in nicely.

So that's it for another week. Thanks so much for dropping in. I hope you enjoyed my creations
& come back next week. My Mid Week blog will be showing you some of the tools I use when making my cards. My Sunday blog will feature the Amazing Silhouettes stamp set from the Jan - June '22 Mini Catalogue. I hope you can join me for them.

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop. Not all items used are still current though. 😞
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison










Simply Marbleous DSP (Sale-A-Bration freebie)





















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174