Mid Week blog #36 Case the Catalogue

 Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog,

I am an independant Stampin' Up® demonstrator with a passion for creating. I have a regular weekly blog on a Sunday that explores different stamp sets, die sets or products sold by Stampin' Up® and my Mid Week blog explores tips, techniques, card sketches, colour challenges & lots of other ideas to help you make the most of your crafting time. There are ideas for 'just starting out' crafters, 'in-betweeners' and more avid crafters. 

This week I have a card that has been CASE'd from the current May '22 - Apr '23 catalogue. It uses one of my favourite sets from a previous catalogue which Stampin' Up® have retained in the latest catalogue - Pansy Patch & Pansy dies.

Here is my card plus the card that appears on page 15 of the current catalogue....



Here are some of the supplies I used to re-create the card. 
I don't have the same materials that were used in the original card so used what I have on hand which is the retired Adorning Designs decorative mask & retired Messages dies. I did use the Scalloped Contours dies & Pansy Patch stamps as per the original.


Instead of ribbon behind the sentiment I used a scrap of You're a Peach DSP but added a Parakeet Party metallic woven ribbon bow which matches the lighter green of the leaves. The darker green is Mossy Meadow.

 

The colours of the cardstock flowers & the inks used to decorate the inside of the Coastal Cabana card are Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky & Night of Navy with a Daffodil Delight centre.

This is such a pretty card which I hope will be loved by the recipient as much as I love it.
If you try this technique I would love to see your creations on my Facebook Page at craftedbyalison. 
That's if for this week's blog. My Sunday blog this week features a stamp set I have used before in my blog, Hello Ladybug but I'm focussing on the floral stamps in the set rather than the ladybug. In my Mid Week blog next week I am trialling a new fold I saw on FaceBook that is named Birdhouse fold. I hope you can join me for both of those.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions or comments you can send me a message via my Facebook page or email me at craftedbyalison@blogspot.com. 
Til next time, take care & keep creating. XX Alison


 


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174