Christmas is coming!

 Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!

This week has been a busy week with work, being able to go out with other people for more Km's as well as being creative. With Covid starting to get under control & the weather getting nicer it made me realise that there's not that many weeks until Christmas! Under 9 to be exact!! Add to that the fact that when we are able to get together in larger groups & travel further our days will become socially hectic and I really needed to focus on getting started on Christmas things. 

Gift planning is underway & I got stuck into a lovely kit I have called Tag buffet that can be used to make anywhere up from 30 gift tags. I was inspired in part by a lady called Alejandra Gomez from Creating with Allie who showcased her project making cards from this same kit. I can tell you I had so many ideas & so much fun with the supplies in the kit. In total so far I have made 5 cards & 7 tags (as pictured) & even though they are based on the kit & inspired by Allie, they have turned out very different to both. Of the 30 tags & toppers supplied I have only used supplies for around 8 tags & have heaps of left overs & more ideas on how to use them up! What a bargain! 



To make the cards & tags I used the supplies provided but also used up some scraps & added a little bit of bling from the Forever Gold specialty papers. The only other thing that I had to purchase was the stamp set, Tag Buffet, that co-ordinates with the kit but you could also use other Christmas inspired stamp sets.

Here are close-up pics of the cards & tags on their own.



 

The card and gift box I mentioned last week is going to the recipient today so I can now share that with you also. 



The card & box are made using the retired Magnolia Lane & Good morning Magnolia collection & the papers & colours are stunning. The box I cased from a chocolate box design from Stamp with Nellie. It would normally hold a regular chocolate bar (250g?) but it's been used here not for chocolate but for a watch strap. Still works well though. 

That's all from me for today. Thanks for dropping by. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with & have a great week. 

Alison XX


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Male'ish' cards