Tranquil thoughts creations

 

Hello again & welcome back. 

I have some simple but stunning cards to share with you this week. I worked with the Tranquil thoughts stamp set & the Tranquil dies but used them differently to what I've previously shared with you. 

My first card I CASED from the very talented Kylie Bertucci....


Kylie had showcased the Tranquil thoughts & Tranquil dies earlier this year & gave me the inspiration for this card. I used Gorgeous Grape for the card base & embossed a piece of Highland Heather for the layer using the Old World Paper embossing die. I rubbed the card stock with Perfect Medium then heat embossed that in gold. I embossed a smaller piece of Highland Heather but reversed the embossing & adhered it on a piece of Gorgeous Grape. I used a die from the Tranquil dies & stuck it under & over the smaller square & mounted that onto the card. I fussy cut the sentiment which matched the centre piece & mounted that also. It's a different technique but I like the way it's turned out.

  

For the second card I die cut some Granny apple green using the corner die & before partially glueing it down I stamped some greenery around the other edges to give it a jungle type feel. I used Basic Grey for the sentiment to give it a slightly softer finish. The inside pops with a double layer of Granny Apple Green & white with a continuation of the stamping inside. I love the fresh crisp feel of this card.

The rest of the week was spent completing the 80th birthday order from last week & getting ready for the wedding. Such a beautiful wedding it was too. 💝

As Easter is next weekend I thought I'd use Chocolate themed stamps for my blog next week. I'll be highlighting the Nothing's better than... stamp set & the matching Love you more than... die set. The set features 3 of my favourite things... Coffee, Chocolate & Cocktails!! I'm sure to enjoy creating this week. 😁

Stay safe til next week & thanks for stopping by. Cheers, Alison. XX


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Good Morning Magnolia!

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Timeless Arrangements helps you create beautiful cards