Mid Week Blog series #12 - Sponge daubers.

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. Today I will show you how to use the super cute little fingertip sponge daubers to create different finishes.

#1. Background colour.

Step 1. Gather materials.
Step 2. Gently dab the dauber onto the ink pad.

Step 3. The inked up dauber.
Step 4. Gently rub the cardstock with the dauber to create the amount of colour you want.


#2. Edging highlights.

Using some acetate behind the cardstock, gently rub inwards from the edge of the cardstock to give a speckled finish.

#3. Fill in colour.

Step 1. After stamping your images onto the cardstock gently rub outwards from the centre of the flower using a flicking motion.
 
Step 2. Continue adding colour outwards until all the flower is coloured to your liking.

As you can see from the pictures above I have used the dauber to create most of my card images. I stamped the ladybug & leaf in solid colours & this image formed one of the cards I made for my regular Sunday blog on 26th December. Full details of the colours used & the completed card are on that blog, hope you find time to check it out.

When I started thinking about what to show you about using sponge daubers I came up with quite a list of different ideas so I've only shown 3 this time but will come back with other ideas in future blogs. In the meantime I hope you grab some daubers & have a play around like I did. Please post pics of your creations on my FaceBook page is you'd like to share. I will have some lovely projects for you on my Sunday blog featuring some of the products from the gorgeous Eden's Garden bundle & the papers are only available until the 3rd Jan 2022 so if you love it as much as I do you'd better order some quickly or you'll miss out!

That's all from me for this week. Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to sharing more with you again. Til next time, take care & keep crafting. XX Alison


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.