Mid Week Blog Series #9 - Embossing edges

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. This week I will show you a different embossing technique. 

I saw a card on a post which featured a snowy scene. The card had been stamped with a scene then a piece of card had been torn for a rough finish but it had then been embossed with white embossing powder to give it a 3D effect of snow on the card. I loved it and wanted to give it a go. As we don't have snow at Christmas down under I decided to create an accent to my card front instead. 

Here are some pics of the steps I went through to  achieve the finish above.


I cut a piece of DSP & matching cardstock which I tore randomly across the middle.

 I then assembled the embossing materials ready to start.

The embossing powder is applied & then needs to be heated.

Ready for the heat!

One strip heat embossed, the other waiting to be heat set.

The finished effect on both pieces.

I ran some liquid glue along the torn edges & adhered the two pieces to the DSP. My card front is now ready to be attached to the card base!
 
This was quite a simple technique but just a word of warning, if you run your Perfect Medium stamp pad across torn edges like the ones above, it will rub away some of the pad. I patted it down with my finger but it may affect future stamping. I may have to invest in another pad & keep this one just for these type of projects.

I hope you enjoyed this technique. I will definitely have a bit more of a play around with different finishes & colours on future cards & I'll be sure to share them with you. 
Thanks for visiting today. I hope you can come back next week when I will show you how to create belly bands for cards.
Don't forget my regular weekly blog which I post on Sundays. They feature stamp sets, dies or DSP & usually show case 2 or 3 cards.
Have a lovely week & keep creating! XX Alison










Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174