Mid Week blog #19 - Treat boxes

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. This week I will be showing you how to create a cute little treat box. I got inspiration for this box from Pinterest when I checked out a post by Buckey Inklings. So that you can easily create one of your own I've taken step by step photos of the process I worked through when making my box.

I started with some Beautifully Penned DSP, Daffodil Delight cardstock & the Honeybee Home stamp set.

Both of these pieces were cut to 18 x 15cm.

They were both scored 5cm in from all 4 sides. A line was then drawn from the bottom 2nd score line to the top outside score line.

Cut as pictured.


This is the side that will be showing.

Glue the end with 3 tabs as shown.


Repeat the cutting with the cardstock (as shown) for the bottom of the box. 

Glue the ends with the shorter tabs.


Glue the longer tabs but leave the final piece unglued. This will have the hinged lid glued inside.

Placing the hinged lid on the bottom, glue the tab to the base then close the last cardstock tab & glue down.


Wrap a piece of approx. 56cm ribbon around the box & tie a bow. Stamp a sentiment on Basic White cardstock, diecutting & adding it to a large matte. I also added a cute little honeybee using the Honey Bee dies. Add some dimensionals to the outer edge & add to the box, leaving room at the bottom of the sentiment for the ribbon to slide off.



This little box is large enough for an Easter egg. I used a Kinder Surprise & it fitted beautifully. You could use it for mini eggs, candy eggs, some Ferrero Roche or similar treats.

I hope you enjoyed my creation & give this a go yourself. If you do, I would love to see your pics on my Facebook page - Craftedbyalison. 

So that's it for the tutorial this week. I hope you can back for next weeks mid week post which will feature another Card Sketch and my regular Sunday post as I will be using the new Gumball stamp set & matching dies. Take care until next time & keep creating! XX Alison 


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.